Greg is going out of town tomorrow for two weeks. He will be in Panama where they are building an orphanage in the northwest mountains. He usually goes for a week three or four times a year, this summer just worked out that two of his trips are back to back. On a side note, one of those trips is a troop of girl scouts. So proud of them.
Two weeks is a very long time for me to be on my own. I get very antsy and very out of routine when he is gone. Here are a few things I know are going to happen:
- I will browse food sites on the internet, then go to the grocery and spend way to much, to make way to much to keep myself occupied.
- Dinners I like, like Thai Steak Salad and Asian Noodle Bowls will be on the menu. Grilled Cheese for boy.
- We usually try to go out for dessert only twice a month. We will probably go out at least twice a week.
- Chocolate intake will increase.
- My prime sleeping hours will change from 11:00p - 7:00a, to 11:00a - 3:30p.
- I will stalk facebook, instagram and websites at odd hours.
- The house will slide to "oh, my goodness, look at this mess." status.
- My favorite phases will become, "I don't care, just don't get hurt because Im got going to the emergency room." and "Just Stop!"
- Wine intake will increase.
It's funny to me how when he goes out of town, my mind turns to food. I try a whole bunch of new things then cannot wait for him to return so I can make them for him. This year, Josh will be going to summer camp the second week his dad is gone. That will take some of the pressure off. I'm actually thinking about scheduling a spa day. I wonder if I have enough pennies saved?